A relay team usually consists of one swimmer, one biker, and one runner, competing in tag-team fashion to complete the event. One of the relay members may do two of the "segments," meaning one person can choose to do two of the three sports and the other team member does one.
Can one team member pick up all race packets at packet pick up?
No, all team members must check in to show their Photo ID.
Can an individual racer also be a relay team member?
YES they may. If you have trouble finding a person to complete your relay team, we will allow someone competing as an individual to the swim or the swim and bike for a team. It is important for the individual racer to know that they have to go to the RELAY tent (as described below) to signal their TEAM member to exit before they proceed with their own individual competition.
The Categories: Awards will be presented to the top three overall 2-person relay teams and top three overall 3-person relay teams.
Race Day Relay Process:
• There will be a designated RELAY TEAM AREA inside a controlled transition area. The swimmer will greet the biker at the tent before the biker grabs their bike off the bike rack, and the biker will return the bike to the bike rack and proceed to the tent to signal the runner to begin their run.
• Relay team swimmers will start based on estimated swim time, along with individual racers
• Relay teams rack bikes in the transition area based on assigned race number, along with individual racer bikes
• Usually, each relay team member will be given their own disposable ankle band with timing chip. You may receive an ankle band that can be passed from member to member. Packet Pick Up Leaders will advise your process.
• The swimmer will get a swim cap, the biker will have a helmet number and bike frame number and the runner will get the bib number.
• All relay members need to apply provided race tattoos or be body marked with their assigned relay team number.All relay members are eligible for the finisher prize - the relay team finisher prizes will be presented to the runner when they cross the finish line, or sometimes, the transition leader will have your prizes for you in your designated transition space. You will be informed if this is the case.